It is with great pleasure that I share with you and accolade I received this week! I was honoured with the prestigious Liebster Award this week! Thanks goes out to Michelle Woodman from This Time Around for the honour!
What this means is that I get to share 11 facts about my self, answer the 11 questions Michelle created and then make a list of 11 questions to pass on to other bloggers! So, let’s start with 11 facts about me you may not know!
- I have never broken a bone before, well not one of mine at least. My younger brother would argue I broke his finger once but the jury is still out on that one!
- I received a 1 day suspension in elementary school for “gang related activity”, pretty harsh punishment for a school yard game!
- I love to knit, and I can also crochet.
- The last two months of my final year of high school, I was not allowed to sit anywhere near a school computer as I was deemed a security risk!
- I have such a large extended family that I can travel to most provinces in Canada and see a relative, I’m talking 2nd cousins and Great Aunts and Uncles.
- I received a final mark of 55% (almost a fail) in Grade 11 French class, even though I am bilingual and had lived in France for three months before the semester started!
- I have only owned vehicles that have manual transmissions.
- In my house, I do most of the cooking, Jen does some, but I really enjoy cooking so I do most of it.
- In grade 6 I won a Gold medal at our county track meet in Triple Jump, maybe if I had stuck with it I could be in the Olympics today…
- I love PASTA, any type, any meal, Pasta is the best dish!
- My middle name is actually Monty not Matthew (This fact may be false)
And now the 11 questions posed by Michelle:
- Do you own an iPhone or Android (or neither)? Android, let’s play games! (Words with Friends, Scramble with Friends, Draw Something)
- What is your “go to” snack food? Ketchup or BBQ Chips
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Everywhere, I can’t pick just one place!
- Is your writing space tidy, messy, or a mix of both? Tidy
- What is the biggest challenge you face as a blogger? Myself, I can be very critical of my work sometimes.
- Is there ever a wrong time for ice cream? Yes, I am lactose intolerant, so without my medication it is always a wrong time for ice cream!
- Which is your favourite pair of shoes? I don’t have a favourite pair, I am a minimalist when it comes to shoes. I have a pair of dress shoes, running shoes, sandals, work boots and soccer cleats. I don’t have multiples of any.
- What is the first thing you do in the morning after you wake up? Roll over and try to get more sleep.
- Which household chore do you try to avoid the most? All of them!
- What is your favourite summer time beverage? Iced Tea!
- What one word would describe a perfect Saturday evening? Friends, the people not the TV show
Next week I will be posting who I will be giving the award to! Who knows, it may be you!